Google has recently posted about some fresh changes in the algorithm that affects ranking. Well, Google does make several changes to the algorithm to refine the quality of search results and enhance user experience. Well, as per their blog, Google will now start a monthly series to let us know about the most recent algorithm changes.
The latest changes are:
- Refining in query results: Google shall now try to return more relevant results and not include “similar” results. Google’s blog stated an example of the exact refinement: “This change makes it less likely that these results will rank highly if the original query had a rare word that was dropped in the alternate query. For example, if you are searching for [rare red widgets], you might not be as interested in a page that only mentions “red widgets.”
- Indexing for long tail documents
- Parked domains are scraped: Domains that hold placeholder sites which are full of ads and add no value to the user shall now be scraped!
- More Autocomplete predictions to assist you with more flexible options in our algorithm.
- Fresher blog search results.
- Originality in content matters more than ever – Google can now make a prediction (better prediction than before) about which content is original.
- Fresh image results
- Improved usability on Tablets
- Tops results refinement – includes that not too many pages from the same site are displayed at the top.
Image Credit: goo.gl/9BkzvY, goo.gl/ARxraB