With the increase in the use of internet for every purpose; right from leisure to business, the number of websites getting developed is increasing each day. We have moved from static to dynamic websites and PHP has made it easier for us to develop such dynamic websites. PHP, a server side scripting language has got a plethora of benefits, which have become the reasons of it being extensively used across the world for developing high class websites.
There are millions of websites developed and still counting. Why do you think PHP web development is so popular? If you think just because it is open source, thus free, you are wrong. Of course, it is one of the reasons, but it is not sufficient to convince people to use it. There are other benefits of PHP which attracts people towards it. So, let us take a look at some of the most important reasons to use PHP in web development services.
- Easy: This server side scripting language is extremely easy to learn, as compared to other languages. Also, if you are familiar with the syntax of C or Perl, you will learn PHP easily and quickly; all thanks to easy to understand syntax!
- Control: While other languages need long scripts, PHP can do the same work in a few lines of code; having the maximum control over the websites. Also, whenever you want to make changes, you can edit is easily.
- Cost efficient: As you know, PHP is open source, it is free of cost. You need not buy expensive software for it. Your website will be developed in the minimal cost.
- Efficient: As you know you can enhance the performance of the website built in PHP, as it is scalable when writing the code as well as reliable too when you need to deal with a lot of web pages.
- Access to support: As PHP is being used by a huge number of people, a large community is formed. So, you need not worry if you get stuck somewhere. You will easily get the support from them.
- Platform independent: Whether it is Windows, MacOS, Linux or UNIX; it supports all the major web browsers.
- Supports all servers: PHP also supports all the major web servers; be it Apache or Microsoft IIS. It also supports Netscape and personal web server.
- Speedy: PHP uses its own memory, so the workload of the server and loading time gets reduced automatically, which results into the faster processing speed. So, it reduces the development time when it comes to the web apps like eCommerce or CRM.
- Secured: It is one of the most secured way of developing websites and web applications; as it has got a security layer to protect against viruses and threats.
- Tested, proven and trusted: As it has been used for over 2 decades by millions of people, its capabilities have been tested and proven and thus trusted by the most developers.
Now that you are aware of the top ten benefits of using PHP in the web development, it is advisable for you to use it in your next web development services project. Good luck for the same!
Image Credit: http://goo.gl/FZ7tu9, http://goo.gl/qQHq45