The fresh list of changes to Google’s Algorithm is out. Google has published it on their official blog. Here are a few important one’s for us Search Engine Optimization professionals to learn about. The detailed list and description can be read from Google’s blog.
- More diverse results to categorize paginated documents.
- More language-relevant navigational results.
- Country identification for webpages.
- The bug that handled anchors has been fixed in this update!
- Search results shall contain diverse domains in the results and not many results from the same domain.
- Search results shall now contain more organizations from your country. There are also some improvements to local navigational searches.
- Scoring of search terms are improved.
- Text from the beginning of your pages will be included in snippets. Also there is an improvement in the snippets generation process.
- Improvements for the freshness of results
- Better query interpretation.
- Improvement for news results and user interface change for breaking news.
- Local query predictions now improved.
- Improvements to triggering of public data search feature.
- Improvements to spell corrections. For long queries, more languages – internationally.
- Further improvements in safesearch for videos and images.
- Increase base index size by 15%.——-New index tier.
- Better ranking of expanded sitelinks.
- Less snippet duplication in expanded sitelinks.
- Improvement in the Keyword stuffing classifier
- Improved and more authoritative results.
- Better HTML5 resource caching for mobile.
These are just to name a few changes to Google’s Algorithm. As said earlier, there have been 52 changes last month – April. You can check the entire list on Google’s website. Let us as Search Engine Optimization professionals be aware and make use of these changes to our benefit.
Image Credit: goo.gl/MGzU2a, goo.gl/MwPQtr